As Summer draws to a close, it’s time to think about preparing your air conditioning system for the cooler months ahead. The team at Expert Air is here to guide you through the transition. We’re not just about AC repair in The Woodlands; we’re also dedicated to helping you maintain your HVAC system’s peak performance. Keep reading to learn more or call us today to book your end-of-Summer AC maintenance appointment!
1. Clean Your AC Unit
With the changing season, it’s an ideal time to clean your AC unit, which can enhance its efficiency and cooling capacity. This can lead to reduced energy bills, giving you more financial flexibility.
- Safety First: Before starting, turn off the circuit breaker to your AC to ensure it’s completely powered down.
- Outdoor Cleanup: Remove any dust, debris, leaves, or grass clippings that have accumulated around your outdoor unit.
- Condenser Coil Cleaning: If you’re confident, open the condenser unit’s covers and clear out any visible debris. Vacuum any dust and gently hose down the coils. Alternatively, use a garden hose with an adjustable nozzle to spray into the unit, allowing water to drain out the sides.
Read our previous blog about cleaning air conditioner condenser coils.
2. Replace Your AC Filters
One of the simplest yet most effective ways to maintain your air conditioning maintenance in The Woodlands is by changing your AC filters. Clogged filters restrict airflow, making your system work harder and increasing energy bills.
If you’re unfamiliar with changing filters, take a photo before removing the old one to ensure correct reinstallation. Filters typically have their size printed on the edge, or you can take the old one to a hardware store for assistance.
3. Adjust Your Thermostat Settings
As temperatures drop, you can reduce energy consumption by adjusting your thermostat settings. Gradually increase the temperature by a degree or two each week, ensuring you remain comfortable. This gradual change helps your HVAC system run more efficiently.
4. Schedule an AC Tune-Up in The Woodlands
Despite diligent cleaning and care, scheduling regular AC tune-ups in The Woodlands is crucial. Our team can inspect your unit, replace filters, examine coils, and test the system. Regular maintenance can identify minor issues before they escalate, saving you time and money.
5. Recognize When You Need AC Repair in The Woodlands
Even with meticulous maintenance, AC units can sometimes face issues. If you notice unusual noises, inconsistent cooling, water leaks, or suspect a frozen condenser coil, it’s time for air conditioning repair in The Woodlands. Prompt attention can prevent further complications and increased repair costs.
Contact Expert Air Cooling And Heating Today
As you prepare for the fall, ensure your HVAC system in The Woodlands, TX, receives the care it deserves. Our HVAC experts are ready to assist with any air conditioning maintenance in The Woodlands or repairs to ensure your system is fall-ready. Book your appointment today!