Spring AC maintenance in The Woodlands and Baytown is the best thing you can do for your HVAC system…and your wallet! During the summer, your air conditioning system works hard to make sure your home is at just the right temperature. On hotter days, this can make the air conditioner work harder, creating a higher electricity bill.
Keep reading to learn what’s involved in an Expert Air AC maintenance appointment. If you’re ready to schedule yours or have any questions, reach out to our Baytown and The Woodlands HVAC experts today!
Spring AC maintenance does a couple of things for your cooling equipment:
- Helps you avoid emergency “no cool” calls during the peak summer season
- Helps your unit run as efficiently as possible, saving you money during the peak cooling season
Be sure to check out our “Why Is AC Maintenance Important?” blog post to learn about the many other benefits that regular air conditioning maintenance can provide!
Here are a few things that go on during an Expert Air spring HVAC maintenance appointment:
- Our technician will inspect the indoor coil for cleanliness. The coil will be cleaned if necessary.
- While inside, the technician will inspect the furnace or air handler blower assembly for proper operation and cleanliness.
- All electrical connections will be inspected.
- The technician will check the operation of the compressor and outdoor fan motor.
- Lastly, the technician will check the system’s refrigerant level. If the refrigerant level is low, we will check for a leak, NOT just replace the refrigerant. If it is determined that there is a leak, we will either fix the leak or replace the component that is leaking.
There are also things you can do to help your air conditioner run as efficiently as possible during the summer, like changing your furnace filter. Find out more about common air conditioning components we service!